Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] mattdiez@gmail.com is offline

Default Sealing a hard-to-reach galvanized line...

On Feb 14, 9:20 pm, " wrote:
On Feb 14, 9:51�pm, wrote:

I'm trying to seal an open galvanized drain line (1930s era) that's
embedded in my masonry walls. The line is about 6 inches in the wall,
and rather difficult to get to.

There aren't any threads left (all broken or rusted off) to screw a
cap in.

What do I do at this point? I tried a test-plug and I still get some
leakage around the edges.

Any advice?

-Matt

replace with PVC line........... Hammer drill is your friend, re route
line if possible.

The whole house was replaced with PVC in 2004, except for this one
line (which is in the same wall as the joint where all of the PVC ties
to the sewer).

-Matt