Posted to alt.home.repair

Default replace basement windows

"John91" wrote in message
My basement has three small wood windows, rectangle shape. They are all
very crappy, after 40-years taking sun heat and rain/snow moisture. I
wonder how people normally do in the replacement? The wood frame is built
into concrete wall, it seems not possible to get removed. If we go vinyl
ones, how to install? I'd rather go cheaper with new wood ones, just make
them look good.

It has been 30 years since I've done them, but I used to sell and install
windows as a side line back then. I used to tear out all the wood and use
mortar mix to put the new windows in place. No rot, no termites, no
painting.