David Malicky

Default Torch/gas compatibility: Oxy-Acetylene/Mapp/Propylene/....

Thanks, everyone, for your excellent advice. I didn't know the
distintions between hose types. I did some web searches and it
confirmed that "T" is good for everything and "R" is acetylene only
(apparantly for the bargain sets). Well, even if R is probably safe
I'll sleep better having T. Thanks, Rod, for the tip on the T hose in
your Advantage II set--that's good news (I'll check the one at Sam's).

Victor's website,
http://www.thermadyne.com/vec/litera...ex.asp?div=vec
doesn't have the Advantage II, but I called them and they said it uses
the 200 series regulators (like the "Performer"). Looks like the
regulators use neoprene diphragm whether they are for acetylene or
fuel, apparently compatible w/ both. Appears Victor puts T hose on
all their kits (p. 108 & 111).

Thanks again for everone's help!
David