Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default broken bathtub

KLS wrote:
On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 00:15:03 GMT, aemeijers wrote:

(Don't feel bad- my main bath has a 1960 denture-pink cast iron tub with
matching mud-bed tile. But aside from a few tiny-nick rusty spots near
drain that I keep meaning to epoxy, it is in fine shape, so I can't
justify replacement. And although ugly, it is better than the cheap 1979
plastic almond-color shower stall in the bath in the addition.)

I'm jealous: this sounds like a real gem (aside from the Pepto-Bismol
color, of course), and I just want to applaud your restraint in
ripping it out and replacing it with today's cheap crap. Surely
someone can help you figure out paint/color scheme to help mitigate
the visual effect so you continue to enjoy this bathroom.

No, not quite pepto, closer to calamine lotion mixed with pink.
Definitely a color not found in nature.

No SWMBO in the house, so not a big problem. Walls are pale gray, and
floor off-white, so the combination isn't revolting to my eyes. (The
tiles being the matte finish instead of gloss helps.) Walls are badly
scarred from where previous owner scraped off wallpaper, but that
actually works- they have almost an old-style plaster texture to them.
The original pink toilet and sink were replaced with white, before I got
here.

I do wish they had pulled down the 2 different little-girl-pink patterns
of wallpaper, chair rail dividing the patterns, and princess borders, in
the small bedroom. I use that room for storage and keep the lights off.

aem sends...