Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] lwhaley22000@gmail.com is offline

Default broken bathtub

On Feb 13, 9:34*am, wrote:
It may be a re-bath retro-fit bath cover. Meaning an even older and
uglier cast iron tub may be underneath the vinyl one. Many times
people with opt to cover up a tub if its porcelain enamel finish is
chipped, exposing the iron. If this is the case, you may have a rusty-
slimy mess waiting for you when you tear it out. You could choose to
go the cover-up route again, or get the sledge hammer. Breaking up
those iron tubs is the easiest way to get them out of a tight bath
(very heavy). Anyway, the new vinyl is much "better" meaning it will
not turn yellow and get brittle as fast as the old plastics. But, some
may say its an ecological disaster because it takes 50,000 years to
decompose and your average bath is redesigned every 30 years or so.

No sir. It is the original tub since I bought the house brand new. I
agree that throwing it away is a poor choice for the environmental
concerns. I think you would agree then that fixing it would be for
the best. Best for me since it will be less work than replacing it
and better for the environment, as you say.

Do you have any other ideas or comments on the previous ideas??

Lawrence in Minnesota