Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default manufacturing in Germany.

F. George McDuffee wrote:
On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 14:36:08 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

We'd be brought up before the WTO and be fined billions of dollars. So would
Germany.

Actually I think this is the situation in most EEC countries with
the "value added tax." It is commonly rebated when goods are
exported and charged when goods are imported.

Yeah, I just sold some stuff to a guy in Belgium, and FedEx bills me
later for the VAT/duties, etc. I was shocked to get the bill for 23%!
Since I get these bills a month or more after the shipment, I can't bill
for it in advance, so I take a bath on this stuff! I may have to just
double my price for sales to the EU!

Jon