Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Ralph E Lindberg Ralph E Lindberg is offline

Default Chucks-Chucks -Chucks [ UK ]

In article ,
mac davis wrote:

On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 05:37:57 -0800, Ralph E Lindberg
wrote:

PS, don't use the index lock on your DVR-XP to lock the head to remove a
chuck

Yeah, Ralph.. I don't, but the manual seemed confusing until I realized that
it
said it's ok to use the spindle lock to thread stuff ON the spindle, but not
take it off..

I'm sort of leery of spindle locks since I broke a fin off mine on the Jet...

On the XP, it seems to work well to put the drift bar through the handwheel..
if
I need more leverage, I let the rod go down to the headstock alignment pin..

The problem with the vacuum adapter, is it blocks the hole for the
bar!!!

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
RV and Camping FAQ can be found at
http://www.ralphandellen.us/rv