Posted to alt.home.repair
test test is offline

Default Toilet doesn't flush right

While flushing the toilet earlier this evening, I think 2 other people in
the house turned on the water, which messed up my toilet's flush. The
water went down a lot of slowly than usual.

Now I just tried flushing it, and the water went up near the top of the
bowl, as if it is clogged. But then the water started going down again,
and it went all the way down to the hole within 30 seconds, which kinda
tells me that it isn't clogged. I've clogged the toilet many times
before, and the water always goes up near the top and takes an hour or so
before it goes back down to the normal level. This time, it went to the
top and then went all the way to the bottom in around 60 seconds.

I tried flushing a few more times, and the same thing happened. Water
went near the top and then went all the way down to the bottom in 60
seconds. Now the water level is about 2-3 inches from the bottom. Time
for me to go to bed, but will this problem require the plunger? I
consider that the last resort, as I hate having the toilet water splash
everywhere. Any easier solutions?