Posted to alt.home.repair
Jack W[_2_] Jack W[_2_] is offline

Default Cellophane Tape On Shingles

If indeed the cellophane strip is over the top of the asphalt adhesive
on your shingles, then the shingles were installed so incorrectly that
the cellophane strip is the least of your problems. In order for that to
be true, they had to be installed over each other exactly like they were
laying in the bundle.

Forgive me for continuing the beat a dead horse and I really
appreciate everyone's help here, you guys are the greatest, but yes,
the cellophane strip which belongs on the underside of the shingles
was on top of the asphalt adhesive on shingles that were on the
ground.

Incidentally, two roofs are involved corresponding to two house
additions. One addition with the bigger loss of shingles was 1993
while the other was 1996, same contractor. Guess it's a wonder that
the shingles involved didn't fly off sooner. And yes they used
staples.