Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Allison[_2_] Robert Allison[_2_] is offline

Default The Shingles That Were Blown Off

Red Green wrote:

Robert Allison wrote in

Having done thousands of roof repairs,

Does anything below your waist not hurt any more? :-)

Back when I was still working on my tools, I had a roofing dept. in my
company. We did mostly reroofing (we were doing a lot of insurance
work). I also did a lot of work at apartment complexes. I began to do
roof repairs for leaks. After a heavy rain (and usually while it was
still raining) the calls for leak repairs would start. I would get a
call from a complex that they had 4 leaks. When it stopped raining, I
would load up 3 extension ladders and head out to the first complex.
Although they originally called in 4 leaks, by the time I got there more
tenants would have called the office and they would hand me a list of 70
leaks or more.

Each one of them meant getting a key to the apartment, so I could go
inside and look at where it was leaking. Then set up the ladder and go
up on the roof (most were 3-story, so a 32' ladder minimum) to see where
it was leaking and fix it. Back down the ladder and on to the next one.
Then, on to the next apartment complex. After a couple of weeks of
doing this every day, all day, I am surprised that I even HAVE anything
below my waist!

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.