Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

Default CPVC failure

My understanding is that CPVC joints require 24 hours to cure. I know that
my plumber did a joint and at most allowed 1 or 2 hours for it to cure. I
am wondering if that will lead to just a slow leak or will it result in a
catastrophic failure.

I will make him fix it and other problems he caused but I was curious about
the failure issue.

Thanks.

Also he replace some CPVC with PEX. Seems to me that the flow rate is down
due to 3 internal elbows he used that have smaller diameter than the CPVC.
Was wondering if that would be the likely cause of a lower flow rate or
should I look for another defect in his work.

By the way, this was done by the local gas company PSNC. How pathetic. It
took 4 guys to do a lousy job. Also the PEX is right next to a basement
window.... another no no I understand.