Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jerry Jerry is offline

Default transfering movies from a camcorder to pc

On Feb 12, 12:34*pm, mark wrote:

Is there a way I can transfer the movies to my pc in any other way?

What's the recording medium, mini-DV tape? Find a friend with a fully
working mini-DV videocam, and borrow his camera. Pop your tape in and
transfer the movie.

Don't want to impose on your friend too often? Tapes are cheap, buy a
bunch, wait till you have 7 or 8 to transfer, then borrow the camera.

Only 2 other alternatives I can think of : find a repair shop willing
to fix your camera, or buy a new camera. You may find that the cost to
repair approaches or exceeds the cost of an equivalent new camera.

Jerry