Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default transfering movies from a camcorder to pc

Hello,

I bought Panasonic PV-GS39 camcorder about 1.5 years ago. I recently
noticed that transfer of my movies to a PC with firewire does not work
and took it to the camera shop for repairs. The repair man said that
he cannot fix it since the connection to the circuit board is cracked
and it is too small for him to attach it. He said it is not worth to
buy the whole part.

Is there a way I can transfer the movies to my pc in any other way?

Thanks for any help/suggestions,

Mark
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"mark" wrote in message
Hello,

I bought Panasonic PV-GS39 camcorder about 1.5 years ago. I recently
noticed that transfer of my movies to a PC with firewire does not work
and took it to the camera shop for repairs. The repair man said that
he cannot fix it since the connection to the circuit board is cracked
and it is too small for him to attach it. He said it is not worth to
buy the whole part.

Is there a way I can transfer the movies to my pc in any other way?

Thanks for any help/suggestions,

Mark

Try a different repairman?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Feb 12, 12:34*pm, mark wrote:

Is there a way I can transfer the movies to my pc in any other way?

What's the recording medium, mini-DV tape? Find a friend with a fully
working mini-DV videocam, and borrow his camera. Pop your tape in and
transfer the movie.

Don't want to impose on your friend too often? Tapes are cheap, buy a
bunch, wait till you have 7 or 8 to transfer, then borrow the camera.

Only 2 other alternatives I can think of : find a repair shop willing
to fix your camera, or buy a new camera. You may find that the cost to
repair approaches or exceeds the cost of an equivalent new camera.

Jerry
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"mark" wrote in message ...
Hello,

I bought Panasonic PV-GS39 camcorder about 1.5 years ago. I recently
noticed that transfer of my movies to a PC with firewire does not work
and took it to the camera shop for repairs. The repair man said that
he cannot fix it since the connection to the circuit board is cracked
and it is too small for him to attach it. He said it is not worth to
buy the whole part.

Is there a way I can transfer the movies to my pc in any other way?

Thanks for any help/suggestions,

Mark

You can use a "Dazzle"

db