Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis[_2_] mac davis[_2_] is offline

Default Chucks-Chucks -Chucks [ UK ]

On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 05:37:57 -0800, Ralph E Lindberg wrote:

PS, don't use the index lock on your DVR-XP to lock the head to remove a chuck

Yeah, Ralph.. I don't, but the manual seemed confusing until I realized that it
said it's ok to use the spindle lock to thread stuff ON the spindle, but not to
take it off..

I'm sort of leery of spindle locks since I broke a fin off mine on the Jet...

On the XP, it seems to work well to put the drift bar through the handwheel.. if
I need more leverage, I let the rod go down to the headstock alignment pin..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing