Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis[_2_] mac davis[_2_] is offline

Default Chucks-Chucks -Chucks [ UK ]

On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 23:25:16 GMT, "George" wrote:

"brian white" wrote in message
Well, that`s sorted out now !

I went to the Woodwork Exhibition at Alexandria Palace Yesterday, took
the plunge and purchased the Robert Sorby Patriot chuck [
http://www.robert-sorby.co.uk/ ] and a couple of sets of jaws " to get
me going " !.

Without putting it on the Lathe yet, I can see it is a nicely engineered
piece of gear. The action is silky smooth, and there is no play in the
jaws whatever. All the jaws are matched so there is no number matching
needed, and it came with a nice T-handled ball wrench. One slight
"drawback" , that probably will never bother me, is the lack of any form
of indexing on the chuck.

Hope you got the pin jaws. Great way to start things out.

Your lathe lacks indexing?

I think he meant the chuck, George...DO chucks have indexing?

(I've never used indexing on the lathe, either)

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing