Posted to alt.home.repair
ng_reader ng_reader is offline

Default Quick basic advice on a dripping gas 40-gal hot-water heater

"Donna Ohl, Grady Volunteer Coordinator" wrote in
message ...
On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 07:31:40 -0800 (PST), beecrofter wrote:

If you won't listen to your husband about waiting, why would you pay
any attention to us?

I make my own informed decisions.

I listen to anyone who has something to offer.

And, most important, I always give back more than I ask for, even taking
the pains to explain and clarify until all agree - and even supplying
phone
numbers and even the sequence of buttons to press.

In addition, I ask for help to find things that don't seem to exist yet,
like a free payback calculator ... which I'm confident we'll find and then
we all can benefit.

Especially the poor schmuck who in a year or two runs into the same
problem
yet benefits from all the wonderful discussions we have archived here.

Isn't that what the USENET is all about?

Donna

Donna,

Thanks so much for this thread. You are doing Great.

I did want to read more, and not sure if I saw it or not, but why the quick
Nay to the tankless design?

Did anyone provide a credible counter-argument?

(I'm just looking to get more hot water into the house. I have a 30 gallon
and 5 people. So, instead of getting a larger capacity, figured I'd just add
tankless. Of course, I'd wait until the telltale drips of a rotting tank,
like you did.... !)