Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,sci.electronics.repair
Donna Ohl, Grady Volunteer Coordinator Donna Ohl, Grady Volunteer Coordinator is offline

Default Quick basic advice on a dripping gas 40-gal hot-water heater

On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 08:47:41 -0600, Bob Shuman wrote:

I just attach a short section of garden hose and then open the bottom drain
for a minute or so every few months to keep the sediment to a minimum

We *should* have done that but never did.
This article says almost nobody drains their tanks nowadays:
http://hkentcraig.com/2WHarticle.html
So, I don't feel too badly.

Also, Home Depot GE salespeople on the phone tried really hard to sell me
the patented little fan that stirs up the sediments.

It would be nice to find an article that scientifically looks to see if
those sediment stirrers really worked or not.

Consumer Reports was a total disapointment as they told me to buy based on
warranty - which is a marketeer's dream. I'm surprised at Consumer Reports,
but, the older (and wiser) I get, the more I realize they don't know what
they're doing. Sigh.

Dan Rather, and now Consumer Reports.
Another trusted icon bites the dust!

All I have left is you!