Posted to alt.home.repair
hobbes hobbes is offline

Default HVAC Zone Controls

Hi,

We have a three zone Hydro / Hot air HVAC system for heating.

Zone 1: Garage
Zone 2: Downstairs
Zone 3: Upstairs

The control system pumps hot water to three seperate Air Handlers that
then supply hot air for heating.

After a power outtage, when the system came back on. All the hot water
went to Zone one the garage circuit. After the garage was warmed up,
then the rest of the house was supplied.

Is it usual for such a HVAC system to only supply one Zone at a time
with hot water because of the amount of hot water required?

If so would turning off the Garage circuit, by setting the Thermostat
to OFF, make the other hot water circuits become active?

I was sort of cold, while my cars were getting toasty. Sort of silly
really. Just wondering how I could avoid this ....

Best, Mike.