Posted to alt.home.repair
Donna Ohl, Grady Volunteer Coordinator Donna Ohl, Grady Volunteer Coordinator is offline

Default Quick basic advice on a dripping gas 40-gal hot-water heater

On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 21:12:41 -0500, Nate Nagel wrote:

I wouldn't worry about that at all. you can just take it out of the
copper hard lines if you have to. (I'm assuming that you're referring
to corrugated flexible copper connectors above.)

Hi Nate,
Yes, I was referring to the corrugated flexible copper pipes connected to
the rigid galvanized steel pipes coming out of the wall near the garage
ceiling.

I guess they can cut the galvanized pipes because they are at least 18
inches or so vertical.

But I don't know if Home Depot includes cutting the galvanized pipes in the
cost. Should I call them back and order a shorter (50 inch vs 58 inch) hot
water heater so as to preserve the S coil without having to cut the
galvanized steel water pipes?

Donna