Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug[_6_] Doug[_6_] is offline

Default 3-way grounded neutral?

Doug-

Sorry about the use of the term "Romex".....now called NM (non-
metallic cable)

Typically a white, a back & a bare conductor in a plastic sheath (now
yellow for 12ga & cream for 14ga)

I'm guessing that your house is a 50's / 60's unit using BX cable?

cheers
Bob

Hey Bob,

House was built in 1963. Again, not sure what the cable is called,
sorry for the ignorance. Descriptions I found on the internet of BX
cable appear to have a solid metal sheath. This has more a a cloth-
like metallic texture (i know that's a bad description, sorry). I
can't get pictures until tomorrow evening so I will post back then.
Really appreciate everyone's help on this.

Doug