Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveB[_4_] SteveB[_4_] is offline

Default Worldwide Ebay Buyer And Seller Strike Scheduled for February 18-25 2008

On 2008-02-10, SteveB wrote:

You guys are SOOOOOOOOOOO slow! Not you, Vaughn. I've been protesting
by
not doing business with ebay for quite a while now. If it walks like a
duck
and smells like a pig, chances are ............

While I will not fully discontinue use of ebay, I will definitely sell
less, and buy less, from now on. It will not be limited to one day.
I do not like the changes and the deception.

However, deals like this are hard to pass up:

For the half dozen ebay purchases and one sale I've made over the past
years, they've been good. I know a lot of folks seem to think craig's
list is great, but I've not found much on it, and the time I tried
selling something there I got nothing out of a month of listing and
subsequently sold the item in a week on ebay. The "good old days" of
ebay are gone, but it still has it's uses.

Each has its uses. One size does not fit all. I haven't been able to damn
near GIVE away a good truck rack on Craigslist for two months now.

I needed a live in property manager. We went through dozens of applicants,
and all flunked out for one reason or another. One took the position, then
cussed me out a week before starting for "not respecting him enough". I did
manage to find a couple with clean records and LEO experience, and so far so
good.

It's a jungle out there. There's good and bad things.

Steve