Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug[_6_] Doug[_6_] is offline

Default 3-way grounded neutral?

Thanks for all the replies. Looks like a previous post of mine got
lost. Anyway...

I am going to pull out each switch and examine to see if I can
determine exactly what's going on. I will take pictures if I can't
figure it out and post back.

One followup question -

If I am to understand what might be happening is depending on which
switch is switched on, either the white or black wire could be the hot
wire. Is this accurate?

I doubt it was ever a single switch. It's a kitchen light and (with
the exception of the bedrooms) EVERY light in our house is on a 3-way
circuit, including two four ways. As far as how the circuit is wired
(BobK207's comments), everything is wired with standard wiring. I'm
not sure what Romex is. The supply wires in our house are black/white/
bare ground 12 gauge copper covered in what appears to be metallic
sheath (it's silver in color).