Posted to alt.home.repair
Donna Ohl, Grady Volunteer Coordinator Donna Ohl, Grady Volunteer Coordinator is offline

Default Quick basic advice on a dripping gas 40-gal hot-water heater

On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 12:09:51 -0800 (PST), N8N wrote:

I'd pick 'em based on efficiency ratings, BTU/hr ratings, and
price.

Hi Nate,

Good advice,

I'm on the (1-800-HOME-DEP) line waiting to ask for the all-important FHR
and EF numbers for the dozen available hot water heaters.

- 1-800-466-3337
- Press 1 for installation services
- Ask for "water heater" assistance
- Give them your zip code
- They transfer you to the water heater department
- 1-800-79DEPOT
- Press 2 for water heaters
- Press 2 for water heaters (not tankless)
- Home Depot Home Services (exclusive suppliers of GE hot water heaters)
- The operator, a David Kershaw, didn't even know what FHR stood for!
- Not a good sign ... I'm gonna call their Water Heater Services at
- 877-467-0542

I'm still waiting on the phone to get someone who knows what it is they are
selling; but this is disconcerting they don't even know the first thing
about what it is they supposedly specialize in at that number.

Donna