Posted to alt.home.repair
Donna Ohl, Grady Volunteer Coordinator Donna Ohl, Grady Volunteer Coordinator is offline

Default Quick basic advice on a dripping gas 40-gal hot-water heater

On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 13:53:59 -0500, Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

If you shut the water off, you do not have to shut the gas off as long as
you keep water in the tank.

Hi Edwin,

Thank you for this home water heater gas line shut off tidbit as it's not
obvious to me the heater can have no water coming in but the gas can be
left running - but it makes it easier for me so I'm glad to know that.

Donna