NoOne N Particular

Default Delay the November Election?

I would also guess that there have been many scenarios that HAVE been
foiled. The gubment wouldn't tell us because the intelligence obtained from
terrorist caught would then be useless.

Wayne

"Gunner" wrote in message
On 11 Jul 2004 21:40:20 -0700, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Kurt Laughlin

says...

So, he's looking at a "what if"? As I recall, considering worst case
scenarios and determining what can and cannot be done ahead of time is

part
of Ridge's job.

Hmm. Where was he when they said "what if" somebody flys a
commercial airliner into a the pentagon? Not very good at
"let's play what if" then, what's to say he's any better at
it now?

Jim

Any idea of how many "what ifs" the boys in the puzzle factory have to
figure out the probabilities on?

We can start with "what if Jim takes his nice new 22 and decides to
find a tall building" to "what if Al Quada has some Russian surplus
backpack nukes and want to make a statement on Nov. 2", to "some
tangos have planted a bomb(s) on a CNG tanker(s) coming into New
York/Long Beach/San Francisco/Miami", or perhaps "tangos have replaced
the automated spray cans in the rest rooms of various major US
airports, filled with small pox", or "tangos have 500 gallons of Sarin
ready to inject into the Air Handler system at Mall of America", or
perhaps a simple "tangos may perform hit and run grenade and machine
gun attacks on polling places all across the US on Nov. 2 in the
morning"
snip about 5 million other "what ifs"

So Jim, how would you proceed? Id really like to know. Pick the one(s)
that WILL happen.
Now its no fair remembering that we have been attacked on 9/11..so
take that out of your mind.

Lets see what you can work up for us. Obviously you have a better grip
than Bush and Co. does, along with the boys at the puzzle
factories..so give us your best shot.

Hummm maybe we can start a pool? Willing to put your money where your
mouth is? Its gonna be a sure win for you..so whip out that old
wallet.

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's
cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays
there.
- George Orwell