Posted to alt.home.repair
BobK207 BobK207 is offline

Default pvc/abs glue

On Feb 9, 7:11 pm, "SteveB" wrote:
"Rudy" wrote in message

I once had a joint to make a joint, the fitting was correct for the two
materials, but one side was PVC and the other was ABS, I had no idea how
to glue the joint,

Oatey makes a single glue which works for ABS, PVC and CPVC. I bought a
can at HD recently

Saw it today. It's in a yellow can.

Steve

Check out the Oatey website.

I have used universal glue for ABS & PVC but ABS pipe to ABS fittings
or PVC pipe to PVC fittings.

If its the prodcut I used it's not a transition glue.

I did use use it for PVC to ABS (before I found the transition glue)
but not in a pressurized system. The joints held but I never really
stressed them much.

The Oatey PVC / ABS transition glue (green?) according to their
website is for non pressure applications.

cheers
Bob