Posted to alt.home.repair
Tim[_2_] Tim[_2_] is offline

Default 2" abs pipe extenders

Is this ABS different than the regular ABS pipe and fittings you get from
your local plumbing supply store?

These are unusual. Most people just say .......... huh?

Their proper name is pipe extenders, although I have heard them called
couplers. They fit inside to inside which is different than most abs
pipe. I have only seen them once at one pool supply co. I can get pvc,
but not sure if abs and pvc will glue together well. Asked that question,
but didn't get an answer yet. I need a couple dozen of them.

Ok Steve, you made me go find out what you have. lol

I put in ABS PIPE EXTENDER in Yahoo and got this;

http://www.a1poolparts.com/Categories.bok

Plumbing | PVC Pipe and Fittings
Pipe Extender
Pipe Extender. Available in 1.5" and 2".
MSRP: $4.75
Base Price: $3.27
You Save $1.48

And from the picture, you can see the color is not a white PVC, but a more
off-white color and probably a ABS material. They have a color picture on
the site in the link above. Check them out.

Also might try;
http://www.californiapoolsupply.net/

They listed Pipe Extenders and are a pool supply store.

Tim