Posted to alt.home.repair
Floyd L. Davidson Floyd L. Davidson is offline

Default Can I use a dropcord in the pool?

Clark wrote:
(Floyd L. Davidson) wrote in :

"Calab" wrote:
Only a complete idiot would use an electrical cord in water unless
specifically designed to do so.

Almost right.

Complete (or even partial) idiots should not use
electricity in and around water. It's too dangerous for
them.

Guess you should live in a desert then.

I do.

Deserts, BTW, are not necessarily void of water.

But somebody who knows what going on, and can
specifically design a system to work in and around
water, is quite safe.

Oh wow. That must be why all those systems out there are run through water.
How many are there?

Well, ain't that odd that you can't find overhead power
lines in places like Ketchikan or Douglas Alaska, or
Seattle Washington, or Florida... places where it
rains, and they are *wet* with water on them a great
deal of the time.

Oh gee, maybe there are so few 'cause they are so hard to
maintain. Too bad you don't admit that Floyd. You really are wrong for
telling people that it's ok to run drop cords through a pool.

I didn't tell anyone to run a drop cord through a pool.
I said that if you know what you're doing, it doesn't
kill people. That's a fact.

You obviously should not try it.

You really
shouldn't even think about it being ok. Do you really hate so much that you'd
like to encourage people to take a chance on electrocuting themselves? If so
you really should get professional mental help. Seriously.

Sinking pretty low there, when you are cornered and have
nothing valid to say, eh?

Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)