Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Arch Arch is offline

Default Chucks-Chucks -Chucks [ UK ]

Hi Brian, Charlie's review may be late, but not least. Good info
there. I'm even later, but since I know of no woodturning chuck with a
spring loaded key (hex, pin or pinion) I'm better late than never.

Generally there is no 'always' nor 'never' in woodturning, but NEVER
leave a key in a chuck. If you do, eventually you'll have a full English
Breakfast with the devil. ALWAYS remove a chuck key even for the instant
while tightening the tail center or blowing your nose. Less dangerous,
but NEVER spin the chuck hard against the spindle register and don't try
it to find out why.

BTW. I mostly know Southampton from getting on & off the boat, but I do
know Hamps. My son is an old Wykamist. "A Yank at Winchester" where they
"hold hots", but never "judge a sausage by its skin" or use the right
name for anything.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter