Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB[_4_] SteveB[_4_] is offline

Default 2" abs pipe extenders

"Tim" wrote in message
. ..

"SteveB" wrote in message
I have been trying to find these, but only come up with pvc. I have
bought abs from local pool supply houses in the past, but now all they
have is pvc. I need a bunch to fix a solar systems. Any leads?

Steve

Is this ABS different than the regular ABS pipe and fittings you get from
your local plumbing supply store?

I buy ABS pipe and fittings all the time from Ferguson Plumbing which is a
local supply house. You may have one near you; or at least a plumbing
supply house.

Plumbers have to get their ABS from somewhere. :-)

Tim

These are unusual. Most people just say .......... huh?

Their proper name is pipe extenders, although I have heard them called
couplers. They fit inside to inside which is different than most abs pipe.
I have only seen them once at one pool supply co. I can get pvc, but not
sure if abs and pvc will glue together well. Asked that question, but
didn't get an answer yet. I need a couple dozen of them.

Steve