Posted to alt.home.repair
europeanvic europeanvic is offline

Default OK to remodel kitchen when the wife is pregnant?

On Feb 8, 9:50*pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
wrote in ...

I need to replace the cabinets, countertops, and replace the vinyl
flooring with tiles in the kitchen. Is it safe to do so when the wife
is 8 weeks pregnant? I won't be re-painting the kitchen, but what
about the dust and other things that might be airborne during the
remodeling? I expect it to take about 2-4 weeks, depending on how fast
the contractor can do it. I have most of the needed stuff in the
garage already (taking up space which is one reason I want to get it
done now) This is a single story home and the heater will be OFF
during the entire time.

I'd just like to get this done before moving on to more pressing
matters. but if it's a really bad idea, then I don't have to do it.
Or I may have her stay with relatives during that time if it's OK to
do it only if she's not present during the entire operation...

Raymond

There will be very few things that could have any affect. *The first that
comes to mind is contact adhesive if they are putting down Formica
countertops, but even that is better than years ago. Most of the dust, while
not good for anyone, is no more harmful that stuff you breath every day.
They may solder some copper tubing, but in the whole remodel, that may be 20
minutes where she should avoid the fumes.

With a little common sense, very little to be concerned about. *I'd go
ahead.- Hide quoted text -

I don't think that there will be any problem with it. Even the air
that she breathing outside is worst than some dust that will come from
the kitchen remodeling.

http://www.planorealestateadvisor.com
http://www.planorealty.blogspot.com