Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Default plumbing standards

Plumbing fittings have standards, however faucets and other fixtures used in
bathrooms and kitchens are all about style, fashion, colour and look just
the same as cars. Do you think that you can find a standard car steering
wheel. No, you must replace one with the same brand and model as the
original manufacturer designed for that car. The biggest peeve that I have
with faucets and many other items used in houses, is that the manufacturer
does not always identify the fact that they made them. While I don't like to
see the manufacturer's logo or name emblazoned on a faucet, I would
appreciate their name in a inconspicuous location, so I know where to go for
parts.

"Jeff Morgan" wrote in message
Hi All,

Today I spent 15 minutes fixing a bathtub faucet -- but I spent over 2
hours looking for proprietary parts. Does the lack of plumbing
standards seem particularly absurd to anyone else?

I'm wondering what it would take to force some standards on this out
of control industry?