Posted to alt.home.repair
Terry Terry is offline

Default MagicJack

On Fri, 8 Feb 2008 06:38:43 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Ok everyone. Now that the hype has started, partially due to
infomercials, let me tell you the horror of MagicJack. I just
installed mine on a Gateway with Windows XP and because I had
musicmatch it would not load. After 3 yes 3 hours typing with a tech
rep in their chat room we finally got that issue resolved, now my
speakers don't work. I have been chatting with 4 different tech reps
at various times trying to get this issue resolved. They have no
phone support so you have to text everything. Obviously they are
taking care of other people with problems at the same time they are
helping you so it takes forever. In addition they are grasping as
straws for fixes so you never know what damage is being done as you
go. My main comment is if you want one be very very careful after
another 6 hours total with them my speakers still don't work.

Delete your sound drivers and reinstall.

Can you buy one of these in a brick and mortar store?

I tried Best Buy today and they never heard of one.