Posted to alt.home.repair

Default MagicJack

Ok everyone. Now that the hype has started, partially due to
infomercials, let me tell you the horror of MagicJack. I just
installed mine on a Gateway with Windows XP and because I had
musicmatch it would not load. After 3 yes 3 hours typing with a tech
rep in their chat room we finally got that issue resolved, now my
speakers don't work. I have been chatting with 4 different tech reps
at various times trying to get this issue resolved. They have no
phone support so you have to text everything. Obviously they are
taking care of other people with problems at the same time they are
helping you so it takes forever. In addition they are grasping as
straws for fixes so you never know what damage is being done as you
go. My main comment is if you want one be very very careful after
another 6 hours total with them my speakers still don't work.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 08 Feb 2008 16:48:59 -0600, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

On Fri, 08 Feb 2008 15:42:36 -0500, Terry
wrote:

On Fri, 8 Feb 2008 06:38:43 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Ok everyone. Now that the hype has started, partially due to
infomercials, let me tell you the horror of MagicJack. I just
installed mine on a Gateway with Windows XP and because I had
musicmatch it would not load. After 3 yes 3 hours typing with a tech
rep in their chat room we finally got that issue resolved, now my
speakers don't work. I have been chatting with 4 different tech reps
at various times trying to get this issue resolved. They have no
phone support so you have to text everything. Obviously they are
taking care of other people with problems at the same time they are
helping you so it takes forever. In addition they are grasping as
straws for fixes so you never know what damage is being done as you
go. My main comment is if you want one be very very careful after
another 6 hours total with them my speakers still don't work.

Delete your sound drivers and reinstall.

Can you buy one of these in a brick and mortar store?

I tried Best Buy today and they never heard of one.

I thought you had to order from that website.

That is probably true. I thought I had read somewhere you could get
them at Best Buy. I could just be spreading rumors.

I think I would buy one if I didn't have to eat shipping costs to find
out they were crap.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 8, 9:38*am, wrote:
Ok everyone. *Now that the hype has started, partially due to
infomercials, let me tell you the horror ofMagicJack. *I just
installed mine on a Gateway with Windows XP and because I had
musicmatch it would not load. *After 3 yes 3 hours typing with a tech
rep in their chat room we finally got that issue resolved, now my
speakers don't work. *I have been chatting with 4 different tech reps
at various times trying to get this issue resolved. *They have no
phone support so you have to text everything. *Obviously they are
taking care of other people with problems at the same time they are
helping you so it takes forever. *In addition they are grasping as
straws for fixes so you never know what damage is being done as you
go. *My main comment is if you want one be very very careful after
another 6 hours total with them my speakers still don't work.

Hi I just got a magicjack I'm running it off my laptop and it seems to
work pretty good
I do have a few problems with the voice mail and caller ID and the
popup window that
comes up anytime some one picks up the phone to call out or an
incomming call come in.
I would really love to disable the MJ software popup , I'm running xp,
so if any of you guys
know how to do that , that would be great if you can post it here, on
the caller ID end
it does not always put the caller ID up on the phone your using, get a
message
incompleate data, as far as the voice mail goes sometimes you can get
in sometimes
you cant. anyone else having these problems ?