Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Musing about my short happy life as a turned wood artist.

On Feb 8, 1:28 pm, (Arch) wrote:

If you do decide to follow in V.G.'s (Artists like you & me know him as
VG) footsteps and eat your bowls, be sure to look up 'food safe' (ie.
safe for you, not the bowl) in the rcw archives. I think there may have
been an inquiry or two about this subject over the ears. Sorry, I meant years!

Bada bump, *cymbal crash*!

Hiyo!!

BTW, I finished my masterpiece and sold it for three dollars and 49
cents. To follow in VG's footsteps, I ate the sales tax. Eureka!

It sounds like you have indeed arrived. I am still looking for you
though. (I'm the guy with his lathe set up next to the bbq pit for
easy access if you haven't put your eyes out as an alternate idea
after finding paint doesn't taste too good.)

That's
a dollar and four cents more than my 'turned for use' stuff usually
brngs in, tax included. I reckon I've arrived. I just don't know where.

Careful, Arch. You may be in the way to a successful second career.
A professional. If I had a nickel for every turner that thought he
was a professional because he sold a couple of things during the
year....

It is much better to be an artist, as you don't necessarily have to
generate income, be nice to people, keep any kind of schedule, or
explain your work. You can live with bizarre eccentricities, and no
matter how contrived and people will think it is a by product of
creative genius.

I am all for the artist gig. I am tired of working.

I know latex house paint doesn't taste to good.

But... I have been eye ballin' this one ear lately...

Robert