Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - Got broadband?

I missed the Staff meeting, but the Memos showed that Gunner
wrote on Wed, 06 Feb 2008 21:39:29
-0800 in rec.crafts.metalworking :
On Wed, 6 Feb 2008 14:33:52 -0800 (PST), Jim Wilkins
wrote:

On Feb 2, 10:15*pm, Gunner Asch wrote:
Are the miltitary/government tones still in effect? *Certain tones
would automatically switch into governmental *phone networks?

Gunner, one time black boxer in his Much younger days.

Remember the Flash Override tone pair?

Silver Box!

That was Autovan? Autovon? something like that

AudoVon. You had to have a User Number to use it. I remember my
Dad's story of trying to set up getting some civilians to be part of a
program, and every time the guy on the other end would ask them a
question they didn't have the answer for, they'd get bumped off the
line. Get the answer (names, numbers, places, what ever) and call
back.

"Never thought I'd be late to Sunday evening service trying to get
a Danish national on an American Air Base, because the Jordanian
Monarch was visiting Spain."

tschus
pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich
"I had just been through hell and must have looked like death warmed