Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Vaughn Simon Vaughn Simon is offline

Default 48 volt car elect not going to happen

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Fri, 08 Feb 2008 11:30:06 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm,
"Vaughn Simon" quickly quoth:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
. ..

Doctors kill 900,000+ people a year in the USA. Simply driving cars
kills 43k in the US, 1 million worldwide. Eating fast food/heart
disease kills 600k.

And every one of those threats is beside the point of what we are talking
about.

Lose your tunnel vision for a second and you'll see that risk is what
we're talking about. Even at 48V, electricians take a much greater
risk working at higher voltages every day than mechanics would. My
point is

OK Larry, I read your ideas carefully for the second time. Speaking as
respectfully as possible, they are still beside the point. I fly, which means
that I take chances that I don't really have to take. That hobby has nothing to
do with the on-the-job safety of the guy who works on my car.

Vaughn