pyotr filipivich

Default can't pass up usefull trash

It being a dull day, I decide to respond to what "SteveB"
foisted Fri, 9 Jul 2004 12:38:35 -0700 on
rec.crafts.metalworking , viz:

Well, I went and snatched it, got it home, and one of the wheels needs
attention, and it needs a powerwashing. Kyle is 13 months now, and taking
his first steps, so he will be ready for it any time.

You bet I pick up stuff curbside. When you used to could take stuff to the
dump back in the fifties and sixties, we would sometimes come home with as
much stuff as we took.

Now that's "Recycling"!

I used to live a mile or two from the Lincoln township dump, In
Massachusetts. Rich neighborhood, kind which tossed out the charcoal grill
in the fall and bought new in the springs. Anyway, the stuff we brought
home on bicycles and red wagons. 150 feet of barb wire. Reel to Reel tape
(this was long before 8-track). Push mowers. And Jan scored The Deal. 2
(two) Edison Electric Company wet cell batteries, in their wooden boxes,
from back when Edison Electric signed the old man's signature on the caps.
Of course, there were the occasional injuries - I managed to step on
the same nail two days running, once per foot.

tschus
pyotr

--
pyotr filipivich.