Posted to alt.home.repair
a a is offline

Default Outlet in closet...

a wrote:
Is it a bad idea (code or practical) to have an electrical outlet inside
a storage closet?

Thanks all - It's the end of a run of wiring and I had run the wiring
ending in an alcove in a far corner - intending to create a TV/Stereo area
with some built ins. I ended up pushing back the alcove and closing it off
with a door for some much needed storage.

I may put some network equipment in there, but only if I can keep it
relatively cool.

I pushed back into a furnace/laundry room and there was an overhead light
conveniently located there for the closet now so that's why I asked about
the outlet - and no, I will not be storing blasting caps and oily rags
there! (they go next to the furnace, of course!)