Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Beck James Beck is offline

Default Is it really that tough out there ? FIRED !

In article ,
says...
"James Beck" wrote in message
th.net...
In article ,
says...
"Leonard Caillouet" wrote in
message ...

You seem to have added a right that is not found in the BOR.
Exactly where is that right specified?

The Bill of Rights explicitly protects all rights NOT specified in it.

(Read
it.) The right to organize to advance one's POV, agenda, etc, is a right
essential to any democracy.

Sure, but your rights end where they infringe on mine.
I have the right to own and run my business as I see fit.
How does your right to organize trump that? It doesn't.

That also works the other way around.

Businesses have a basic right to fire employees, for any number of reasons.
But to fire union employees for no other reason than that they're on strike,
violates the employees' right to protest their working conditions. And that
_has_ to be considered a civil right. It's necessary to acknowledge such
rights to restore a degree of balance in worker/employee relations.

Only in the mind of a union lackey.
If I hired you to do a job and you agreed to the pay and benefits that's
the deal. If you don't like the deal and the employer is unwilling to,
for what ever reason, to sweeten the pot then the employee can go
elsewhere. There should be no government backing of an employee that
won't work. If you ask for a raise and you don't get it, well then it
is up to you to decide whether it is worth keeping the job.

As I and others have said, if businesses respected their employees, and they
worked together toward common goals, there would be little or need for
unions.

There is no need for them now.
Like I said they only exist to wrest rightful control of a business from
the owner(s). Nothing more.

All you care about is whether businesses make profits, without regard to how
those profits are made, or how they're used. Incorporated businesses are not
human beings, and have zero human rights. It is the responsibility of
society (and to a lesser degree, government), to force businesses to use
their power responsibly.

What a bunch of crap.
Keep paying those dues boy, keep paying those dues.
Gotta' pay to keep that brain adequately washed.