Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Auto Antenna

Jakthehammer wrote:

By design FM transmitters are not designed to go very far.

Idiot. It's obvious that you have never worked in broadcast. C-band
TV transponders are about 10 watts at 4 GHz, and the 20 MHz wide FM
signal travels over 11,000 miles from the bird to the receiving antenna.

A local UHF station's tower is in Orange City, Florida. We received
a reception report from the Dallas / Ft. Worth area from a man who
watched our station for over six hours one evening.

I know that this isn't normal reception, and was at a time of high
sunspot activity, but the point is that you can't make blank,
meaningless statements like: "By design FM transmitters are not designed
to go very far."

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell