Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
John John is offline

Default Musing about my short happy life as a turned wood artist.

In message , Arch
writes
I read and hear a lot these days that the ability to produce turned wood
fine art is not an inborn talent and anyone can do it. It just takes
hard work, perseverance and self confidence.

On turning wood and art

Turn a bowl, proclaim its name, art critics the world over will voice
its wonders and worthiness, its impact, the feelings it invokes. Leave
it un-named, and it will forever be merely a bowl

Its surprising how often art critics can elevate an object to stardom,
yet know nothing on creating art themselves.

If an object invokes feelings in but one person, then it is art, and let
none say otherwise.
--
John