Gunner

Default Delay the November Election?

On 11 Jul 2004 15:09:11 -0700, jim rozen
wrote:

In article t, Boris Beizer
says...

There is an article in the July 19th edition of Newsweek relating to Ridge's
examination of what needs to be done in order to delay the November
election -- putatively in case of a terrorist attack at election time.

I floated this idea about six months ago, and gunner said I was
*nuts*, that this would never happen under any circumstances.

Jim

I said that it would not happen. And it wont. As I recall, you spewed
something about Bush declaring himself Prez for life...

Feel free to bring up the original posts with both our comments and we
can discuss it.

Btw..the use of the word Putatively is an interesting usage. Its often
used in propaganda.

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's
cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays
there.
- George Orwell