Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB[_2_] SteveB[_2_] is offline

Default Outlet in closet...

"a" wrote in message news:0PMqj.3870$FO1.716@edtnps82...
Is it a bad idea (code or practical) to have an electrical outlet inside a
storage closet?

I have had them put in closets. See past tense HAD. They didn't come in
closets. And then I had them put in closets before they were built as in
remodel. They are very useful for charging vacuums, etc. As in any
confined space, you should exercise care. Things left to charge too long
are not a good idea.

You can NOT have too many electrical outlets, I don't care where you are. I
just finished a casita, and had them put on the inside wall of the outside
buttresses so that I would have a place to plug in Christmas lights. And a
little heater for when we go up on the roof to watch the meteor showers,
etc. I also had a four plug put on EVERY outside wall at a corner for such
things as timers, water features, low voltage transformers, weed eaters,
whatever.

AND even had one 220 plug put outside.

Steve