Posted to alt.home.repair
Terry Terry is offline

Default Magic Jack USB phone

On Thu, 07 Feb 2008 18:24:15 -0500, George
wrote:

Terry wrote:

After seeing the link Mark Loyd posted, I think I am going to buy one
of these at Best Buy tomorrow.

I was also thinking outloud how I might get this thing to work without
rewiring my phones.

I have a phone jack at my computer that used to be use for dialup. I
can plug the (modem?) (interface?) in the phone jack. I can then go
outside and unplug the phone at the phone company's box. This would
have all the phones the house wired to the interface.

Would it work? I will let you know tomorrow.

If this doesn't work, I can plug in my cordless that has an extra
extention and still have two phones in the house working until I can
get extra extentions.

I did find this link that says you do get an incoming number.

http://jocowash.blogspot.com/2007/05/magic-jack.html

I wouldn't depend on it for anything important and have options ready
when it goes away because everything I have read says that what they
charge doesn't cover the cost of the service so it is very reminiscent
of the overenthusiastic dotcom outfits.

It says never get a monthly phone bill again.

This is an out right lie if you have to subscribe to a monthly
service.

It leads you to believe the service is 20 bucks a year.