Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet James Sweet is offline

Default Is it really that tough out there ? FIRED !

You are correct. Good jobs don't grow on trees. People who own
businesses make profits and can afford to pay people well. Good paying
jobs are also created by union coersion, and businesses that survive in
spite of it are often doomed to becoming non-competitive in the market.
Has the last half of the last century taught you nothing?

The US auto industry is a shining example of this. There are good things
about unions, but it seems they often become greedy to the point of driving
their business into the ground. If my field unionized, every one of our jobs
would be outsourced to India before we knew what hit us. I don't mind being
non-union, if I don't like the way I'm being treated as an employee, I
resign and get a job elsewhere. I've done it before and doubt that will be
the last time in my career.