Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Leonard Caillouet Leonard Caillouet is offline

Default Is it really that tough out there ? FIRED !

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
. ..
"James Beck" wrote in message
th.net...
In article ,
says...
"James Beck" wrote in message
th.net...
In article ,

says...

You mean the employees? They're the ones who do the work that creates
the wealth that keeps the company in business.

An employee is a voluntary member of a work force UNLESS the company
is employee owned.

This is like saying that people eat and breathe only because they _want_
to.

I have always worked for ME and if I didn't like the pay or benefits
where I was working I got a better job. Novel concept.

Yeah... and when there wasn't a "better" job, what did you do? Good jobs
don't grow on trees.

The government cannot "sanction" unions, as their existence is inherent

in
the rights of individuals to associate to promote their interests --
just

as
capitalists associate to make money by exploiting other people's labor.

The
right to form a union is protected by the Bill of Rights.

Sure, but the government forces a company to deal with "organized
labor" instead of just getting new workers. If you don't like the
benefits or the pay, get a better job. As soon as the government says
you can't fire a guy because he is on strike then the government has now
seized control of that company. Period.

Debatable. Besides, how else would government protect people's freedom to
associate?

You forget that Henry Ford used the police to break up strikes.

If you don't want to work for
the pay offered, the company should be free to find some one that will
work for that pay. If no one will take the job for that pay scale then
the scale would be moved upwards. Simple supply and demand.

But it doesn't work that way. Look at the influx of illegal immigrants.
They
prevent the market from working properly (ie, increased wages for work
people aren't excited about). Cheap labor destroys good-paying jobs.

American automakers have been in a slow cycle of self-destruction for
the last 50 years, and it has only a little to do with retirement

benefits.

No, it has a lot with the baggage of costs that have occurred because of
them having to make deals with unions that were financially untenable.

Having to? I thought businesses were free to do as they liked. Who cares
if
a strike destroys a company? That's the company's problem.

The basic problem with the American auto industry is that it doesn't want
compete. Nor, like most businesses, does it see its employees as partners
in
its enterprise.

You are correct. Good jobs don't grow on trees. People who own businesses
make profits and can afford to pay people well. Good paying jobs are also
created by union coersion, and businesses that survive in spite of it are
often doomed to becoming non-competitive in the market. Has the last half
of the last century taught you nothing?

Leonard