Posted to sci.electronics.repair
default default is offline

Default Source of 5 pins potentiometers?

On Thu, 7 Feb 2008 11:17:21 -0800 (PST), Victory
wrote:

Hi,

The place I was buying my 5 pin potentiometers has run out. I phoned
a couple of places, but they need part numbers (which I don't have and
can't get from the store - they must know that I am outsourcing and
there is nothing listed on the part). When I asked for a 1K
potentiometer with 5 pints on the phone to Mouser and http://www.potentiometers.com
, it was like asking if they had seen a unicorn, so I am wondering if
these are rare. They told me they have lots of 3 pin, but not 5 pin.

Any ideas or places to purchase?

Thanks in advance.

Here is what is the potentiometer looks like:

http://davidd.250free.com/resistor.gif

I know it might not be enough to go on, but maybe someone can point me
in the right direction.

Egad's! a unicorn!

It would help to know what the pins do? That looks like an
inexpensive pot so it probably rules out fancy stuff like sin/cos -
that leaves taps or mounting ears or grounding lugs.

Flip it over?