Posted to uk.d-i-y
Appin Appin is offline

Default Community Service

The message k
from Skipweasel contains these words:

I taught my son to do plugs and explained that the dullest colour is the
one most likely to do you in. The second dullest is the second most
likely to do you in, and the most eye-catching is the least likely to
nobble you. He hasn't got it wrong yet (since he's only ten I still
check the plugs he does).

Which works nicely (naturally, that's why they changed the standard
colours so that colour-blind people could sort out the wires accurately)
until he comes to an appliance with an old flex on it :-) (And not
all old flexes are iffy -- it might be a nice butyl one)