Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bitstreams Bitstreams is offline

Default Garden gates - any recommendations?

On 7 Feb, 18:51, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:
Bitstreams wrote:
I need to replace a tall wooden garden gate that destroyed itself in
the high winds last week.

It would be lovely to put in a proper oak gate, but may be too
pricey.. has anyone done this recently and can recommend a source?

I'm looking for an arch top ledge and brace one, about 3ft 6" wide

Very easy to make DIY. *Buy some timber & knock one up yourself.

--
Dave - The Medway Handymanwww.medwayhandyman.co.uk
01634 717930

Yes, I've done that before - but although it worked well enough it
wasn't

a) very pretty

b) light - in fact it was very heavy

I've seen some beautiful Oak double gates and low gates online but
nothing as yet that suits.

Simon